Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Bad Thoughts


Not all my artwork is lighthearted and fun. Sometimes I make art with some pretty dark themes. I was in a really dark place when I made this. This was made during my first year of college. Academic wise, I was doing great. Completing all of my assignments, meeting deadlines for projects, and studying for tests couldn't have been easier. Emotion wise, however, was an entirely different story for me altogether. I had trouble making new friends mainly due to the fact that I'm extremely shy around the people I meet. Now don't get me wrong, I'm very energetic and fun when you get to know me, but I'm generally a shy person. I had a few friends, but I still felt lonely around them, almost as if I didn't belong with them at all. Of course, you can all imagine the results of all this; I was really sad and lonely. Ok, I wasn't depressed or anything but I certainly wasn't in the right place emotionally. I was just confused because I usually don't have trouble making friends with anybody. This caused me to start thinking that there was something wrong with me. "Am I too emotional?", "Am I a bad person?", "Do people not like how I act?". Once this started happening, I shut myself out completely. I went out less, I stopped hanging out with my so-called friends, and I said very little. This is where "Bad Thoughts" comes into play. It plays with the idea that too much negative thinking can put your heart in the wrong place and in turn, make you go crazy. Now I'm not bonkers or anything, and I eventually got new friends whom I feel a part of (shout out to Cameron, Calvin, Marcus, Quintin, Shawn, Justin, Allen, and anyone else that I haven't mentioned! :-D) but...yeah. Now that we got the sentimental aspect out of the way, let me explain what the heck is happening in my blog on another post. See ya! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment